• Makes noise in the sensitive hearing range of seals at 10-20khz
• Loudest noisemaker on the market at 195dB re 1uPa @1m rms, with peaks at 197dB (peak to peak output can be misleading, however this figure is 204dB)
• Dual tones allows for a wide range of simultaneous sounds to keep the sound novel
• All transducers tested in water at Neptune Sonar’s facility before shipping
• 50m effective deterrent range (see papers in documents section of website - however these studies use the lower volume US2)
• Compatible with fish motion detector triggers and seal sonar triggers to reduce noise pollution and increase targeted scramming.
See full spec sheet here.
COMPARISON: ACE AQUATEC'S US2 Vs. NEPTUNE'S/ACE AQUATEC'S US3
Overview: The standard US3 transducer offers a high volume, randomized dual tone sound pattern that is highly effective at deterring marine predators. Can be used as a continuous or triggered noisemaker.
• Randomised pattern of sound spreading noise from 2-6khz outside the sensitive hearing range of cetaceans but inside the range of seals
• In-water tested to spec
• Internal batteries to ensure optimal output
• Compatible with all triggering systems
The low frequency transducer offers a high volume, randomized sound pattern that is highly effective at deterring marine predators while avoiding habituation or threshold shift in non target species such as cetaceans (see documents - thomas Goetz' thesis 2008). Can be used as a continuous or triggered noisemaker.