Ace Aquatec is an award-winning aquaculture technology company specialising in in-water electric stunners, marine protection products, 3D biomass cameras and other welfare first aquaculture solutions. Our vision is to create technology that accelerates the adoption of responsible marine practices and help aquaculture customers thrive by making their operations efficient, ethical, and sustainable.
We design and develop across a full stack of disciplines – Mechanical, Electronic, Electrical and Software Engineering – within the Digital team we develop software for IoT edge devices, cloud services, frontend UI, AI/ML models in computer vision, and Data Analysis.
Ace Aquatec prides itself on having a collaborative and friendly work environment with a focus on both individual and team development.
About the role:
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Software Developer to join our talented small team at the beginning of our digital journey. Ace Aquatec is a medium-sized enterprise so you will work closely with everyone in the business. If this kind of direct visibility and opportunity to shine through your collaboration and merit appeals, this is the place for you.
As a beginner level developer, you will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced professionals and gain valuable hands-on experience across the entire software development lifecycle.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with the development team to design, develop, and deploy robust and scalable web applications using Python and related frameworks.
- Participate actively in brainstorming sessions and contribute innovative ideas to enhance the user experience and functionality of web applications.
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented code that adheres to industry best practices and coding standards.
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging to ensure the quality and reliability of the developed applications.
- Collaborate with front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic.
- Work closely with the team to identify and troubleshoot any issues or bugs, providing timely resolutions.
- Stay updated with emerging trends and technologies in web development to continuously enhance your skills and contribute to the team's growth.
- Assist in the maintenance and support of existing web applications, ensuring their smooth operation and performance optimization.
Key Requirements - we would like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent practical experience).
- Any knowledge in AI/ML for Computer Vision and/or data analytics would be highly advantageous.
- Strong understanding of Python programming language and its frameworks (Django or Flask).
- Basic knowledge of database systems and SQL.
- Proficient understanding of version control systems, preferably Git.
Key Requirements - nice to have:
- Any knowledge in AI/ML for Computer Vision and/or data analytics would be highly advantageous
- Firmware development
- Cloud computing and database
- Communications technology (such as MQTT, HTTP, etc.)
- Edge microprocessors / development boards (Nvidia, Arduino, Raspberry Pi)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
- A passion for learning and staying updated with the latest industry trends and best practices.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams, your default should be Openness and transparency.
- Desire to take the initiative and self-start when necessary.
- Flexibility, we pride ourselves on doing what is necessary to make the whole organisation successful.
We offer a range of exciting benefits including:
- 33 days annual leave
- Death in service at 4 x your annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced parental leave policies
- Birthday day off
- Paid bereavement leave
- Paid sick leave
- Company pension scheme
We are offering a competitive salary based on the experience you can bring to the role.
The successful candidate must be able to work in our Dundee office a minimum of two days per week.