Date posted - January 14, 2022
Who we are
Ace Aquatec is an award winning international aquaculture technology company specialising in water electric stunners, automated waterjet bleeding, gentle contactless pumping, MMPA safe predator deterrents, 3D biomass cameras and Sea Lice removal systems. We help customers thrive by making their operations efficient, ethical and sustainable. Our head office is at Water’s Edge in Dundee and we have operations in Canada, Australia, Norway and Chile.
This role offers the opportunity to join an exciting innovative business at a key stage in its growth trajectory with excellent potential for career progression as the business scales. We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager capable of thriving in a varied role supporting the Chief Financial Officer through managing the core finance operations and accounting needs of the business together with providing data-driven decision support and business partnering.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Day-to-day management of all accounting operations (AR, AP, GL), owning accuracy of general ledger, timeliness of month end close process, and driving continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices
- Prepare and publish timely monthly management accounts and supporting trading analysis, including UK parent company, international subsidiaries, and Group consolidation
- Prepare and manage the company’s statutory audit process and financial statements preparation
- Manage daily cash flow, banking and asset financing requirements, including foreign exchange exposure
- Ensuring regulatory requirements for all statutory bodies are met, including preparation of relevant regulatory and tax returns
- Managing successful business adoption of cloud-based ERP system including establishing best practice end-to-end processes, controls and master data management
- Facilitate departmental ownership of budgets and cost tracking through collaborative budget and forecasting processes and production of departmental performance reports/dashboards
- Pro-actively participate in planning sessions, budgets and forecast exercises
- Assist with preparation of board and external stakeholder reporting, including ad hoc investment appraisals and decision support
- Keep up-to-date with latest accounting standards and technical knowledge to ensure adoption of best practice financial statements, including owning company accounting policies and transfer pricing policy.
- A qualified accountant (ICAS/ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with SME experience in a similar role – ideally in manufacturing and/or technology sectors
- Advanced Excel skills, including knowledge of SQL and Power BI
- Experience of implementing a new ERP system
- Experience working with B2B international transactions and using FRS and IFRS standards
- Excellent people management skills, embracing and positively contributing to the culture of the business
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills with a clear focus on defining and implementing robust and scalable end-to-end processes and controls
- Ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy – a self-starter, independent, with a natural curiosity who proactively seeks out new opportunities to improve our business and ways of working.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills, able to tailor communications at different levels from staff correspondence to board reports, with a strong attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to build strong relationships across the company and with external providers and suppliers.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and respond quickly to requests from the senior management team.
- Stunning Dundee waterfront office location with parking
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave
- 2pm finish on a Friday
- Company Sick Pay scheme
- Company Pension scheme
Please note this is a full-time position based in Dundee. The role may be worked flexibly through a hybrid working arrangement but the successful candidate must be able to commute to our Dundee office a minimum of 3 days per week.