Global Sales Director
Date posted - March 2, 2021
Who we are
Ace Aquatec is an award winning aquaculture technology company specialising in-water electric stunners; automated waterjet bleeding; gentle contactless pumping; MMPA compliant predator deterrents, 3D biomass cameras and Sea Lice removal systems. We help customers thrive by making their operations efficient, ethical and sustainable.
Role description and purpose
You will have overall responsibility for the Sales and Revenue targets and for the leadership and management of the Sales team. Using your knowledge of the market, contacts within the industry and your commercial and negotiating skills you will support and develop the business through a phase of accelerated growth.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Developing and executing a global strategic sales plan to achieve sales targets and expand the customer base.
- Implementing regional sales plans for each regions/countries: leading deal processes: work with regional managers and distributors to source opportunities, perform analysis and negotiate deals globally
- Assists team members in increasing closure rate, deal velocity and customer retention through monitoring, coaching, and demonstrating best practices
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories and projecting expected sales volumes and profit.
- Ensuring the effective and consistent use of CRM tools to ensure accurate tracking of prospecting and deal flow, customer and contact information and timely forecasting of results
- Create quarterly forecasts including committed deals as well as a pipeline for the current quarter and beyond and articulates the path to closure/key tactical steps for each account from prospecting to closing to onboarding to renewal.
- Schedules strategic meetings with clients, partners, and thought leaders to understand global and regional developer issues and initiatives
- Interface with marketing, product management, and customer service/operations teams to review programs and timelines on an ongoing basis to ensure successful implementation
- Maintains sales volume by tracking changing trends, economic indicators, competitors and supply and demand.
- Supervises sales team globally and plans, monitors, and appraises job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 8 years proven sales experience in B2B at a senior level, meeting and exceeding targets
- Demonstrable track record of successful deal-making, building trust and defining and leading large, complex end-to-end deal processes
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Leadership skills to successfully supervise and develop a team of direct reports
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Good working knowledge of Hubspot or Salesforce