Date posted - March 18, 2022
Who we are:
Ace Aquatec is an award winning aquaculture technology company engaged in the development and commercialisation of a range of propositions that help customers thrive, by making their operations efficient, ethical and sustainable.
Reporting to the CEO and in partnership with the senior leadership team, the Grant Writer is responsible for timely submissions of technical proposals and efficient follow-up to maximise the probability of grant awards. The position collaborates with other teams at Ace Aquatec to obtain the necessary information for grant reports and solicitations.
Grant submissions to include Horizon 2020, EMFF, Accelerator and Eurosta. UK grant submissions to include Defra, Seafood Innovation, Cefas, Scottish Enterprise and Innovate UK SMART grants.
Responsibilities of the role
- Conducts a full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage technical grant proposals; researches and performs data collection to identify potential grant opportunities; works with the senior leadership team to collaborate on fundable projects.
- Prepares grant proposals for Ace Aquatec in draft and final form that make compelling need for financial support to address identified funding priorities.
- Maintains a grants deadline calendar and meets deadlines for submissions.
- Maintains an accurate database of records of current and prospective grant opportunities, as well as current grant awards.
- Communicates regularly with leadership on the status of pending grant proposals.
- Partners with the senior leadership team on business plan writing.
Experience & Skills
- The successful candidate must have applied for and been successful in technology based grant submissions for Innovate U.K., EIC, or horizon 2020
- Excellent English speaking and writing ability
- Demonstrated ability to concisely and efficiently write cogent, persuasive grant proposals for formal submissions
- 3-5 years of grant writing experience
- Ability to quickly conduct and organise research, understanding the needs of Ace Aquatec and the foundation that is offering grant support
- Skilled in working on multiple projects at a time, under tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and efficient time manager who understands and can execute complex instructions
- Ability to remain current at all times regarding grant funder policies and submission processes
- Financial literacy in preparing business cases that meet key grant requirements (e.g. cost vs benefit analysis)
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain confidentiality