What it is and how it works
Our experience developing electric stunning systems helped us create a sea lice removal system that maintains high welfare standards.
Fish are gently drawn out of the cage by water added to a tube explicitly designed for this purpose, taking advantage of the Venturi effect. The A-Electrolicer holds the fish in a calming, low voltage DC field and removes any lice or eggs with low-pressure water. The fish then go through waterjets, optional aeration bubbles, and a final hot/cold water shower before returning to the cage. Lice and eggs are filtered and destroyed.
We designed the A-Electrolicer with fish welfare and long-term effectiveness as our top priorities.
Humane and low stress
Low pressure pump with no propellers or vacuums
Guaranteed safe passage and lice removal
Easy to deploy modular system
- Low voltage electric fields relax the fish's muscles and guarantee transit time, safe passage, and lice removal.
- Unique low-pressure pump gently transports the fish through the system.
- Reduces risk or mortality with controlled immersion times
- Protects fish welfare by avoiding contact with mechanical parts.
- The modular design makes it easier to deploy and more affordable than other solutions.
- Can be installed onto existing small vessels with low fuel consumption, reducing its carbon footprint.
Managing sealice costs on average €1.15B/year to the industry or 9% of fish farm revenues.
MOWI Handbook 2021
Our predator control solutions
At Ace Aquatec, we are committed to humane, welfare-first aquaculture practices. We designed our predator control solutions to protect farmed fish effectively without harming seals, sea lions, or other non-target animals such as dolphins and porpoises
Want to learn more about the A-Electrolicer?
The A-HSU™ is the most humane and effective system for stunning fish before slaughter. The multi award-winning system has been academically proven in EEG tests to stun fish fully unconscious in less than one second, meeting the high welfare standards expected by consumers, retailers, and regulators.Learn more
The Flex and Ring are low-frequency protection systems that target marine predators such as seals and sea lions while avoiding the specialised hearing ranges of dolphins and porpoises. Flex and Ring protect farmed fish stocks while minimising disruption to marine mammal populations.Learn more